How can I use the computers at the Library?
- With your WiFi-enabled device, you can use the Library’s free WiFi service.
- Your device may automatically detect our network: CLPLWIFI.
- No username or password is required, but you will need to accept our CLPL Computer Policy.
- Printing from WiFi-enabled devices is available using our web printing service.
Public Internet Computers
- Computers are available on a walk-in basis. Advance reservations are also available. You may reserve a computer by phone or in person at the Library. Contact Adult Services at 815.459.1687 x7, or Youth Services at x6.
- The Library offers 23 public Internet computers, some of which are filtered. All of them have Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Microsoft Publisher.
- You may need to register at the Circulation Desk before you use our computers for the first time.
- Each user has up to three (3) hours of computer time per day. You may use your time all at once, or throughout the day. When you logon to one of our computers, a timer will appear that displays your remaining time for the day.
- The timer also has an “end session” button. It is important that you click “end session” when you are finished using the session. This will save your unused minutes for later in the day, and it also makes the computer available for another patron.
- Computers - free
- Printing - $0.10 per page for black & white prints, and $1.00 per page for color prints.
- The Library offers hands-on instruction in beginning computer skills and beginner level software (Microsoft Office 2013 - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Click here for more information about these classes.
- Check the Library’s events calendar for dates, times, and to register – or call Adult Services at 815.459.1687 x7 for more information.
- Class size is limited to 11 participants.