Thanksgiving feasting brings families, friends, and our community together. Happy Thanksgiving from CLPL.
- Shop for a turkey from an Illinois farm near you.
- Get help cooking your bird from the University of Illinois Extension Services.
- Join the Crystal Lake Food Pantry and the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce as they gather a Community Harvest for our neighbors in need.
- Work up an appetite with a 5K race at Lippold Park on Thanksgiving morning with the Hillstrider Running Club.
- Enjoy the 2014 Festival of Lights Parade in Downtown Crystal Lake after dinner.
Aviation History Month
November is Aviation History Month. "Fly" over to these websites to learn more...
- Aviation @ CLPL
- Stop by CLPL and check out a Museum Adventure Pass to the Air Classics Museum of Aviation.
- Explore some of the world's largest aviation collection online - National Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian.
- Plan a family trip next summer to the annual EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- Visit the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics' "History of Flight" timeline.
Native American History Month
November is also Native American History Month. Celebrate the roles Native Americans past and present have played in shaping the Nation.
- Native American History @ CLPL
- Visit the Mitchell Museum of the American Indian with a Musuem Adventure Pass from CLPL.
- Explore the National Museum of the American Indian online.
- Learn about the American Indian tribes in Illinois from the Illinois State Museum.
- Watch the progress of the improved Schingoethe Center for Native American Cultures at Aurora University.
Origami Day is celebrated on November 11 in Japan. Get folding and try your hand at creating animals, flowers, & more.
- Origami @ CLPL
- Find local and international origami clubs, diagrams, resources, and further information at OrigamiUsa.org.
- Origami-fun.com has diagrams for kids and adults, beginners and experts.
- Visit the Origami Resource Center for all sorts of information, diagrams, and history of origami.
- Tom Angleberger, author of the New York Times Bestselling "Origami Yoda" series, shows how you can make your very own origami Yoda.