Family Fun Month
Get out and have some family fun! Celebrate the 31 days in August with picnics, roller coasters, camping and water fun.
- Picnics @ CLPL
- Do something new to celebrate Family Fun Month every day with ideas from Babble.com
- Parents.com offers easy and fun projects the whole family can enjoy.
- Want to get out of the house? Plan a trip to the Windy City with Chicago Traveler or pay a visit to Six Flags Great America.
- More ways to celebrate courtesy of the Mom's Choice Awards.
Elvis Week (August 11-17)
Each August, Elvis fans from around the world gather in Memphis to celebrate the music, movies and legacy of Elvis Presley. Don't be a hound dog--join the celebration!
- Elvis @ CLPL
- Plan your trip to Graceland or take an online tour.
- Visit the official Elvis website for everything you ever wanted to know about The King.
- Try one of Elvis's "Ooh, it's so good" favorite recipes with Mr.Food.
Audio Appreciation Month
Celebrate audio appreciation month by checking out a book on CD, a Playaway, a digital download or a music CD. Listen to a story or music while exercising, during your commute or when working on a project.
- Books on CD, Playaways, and music CDs @ CLPL
- Find out what's hot in music with Billboard.com.
- Not sure which book to listen to next? BooklistOnline.com is a good place to start.
- The Association for Library Service to Children has the 2014 list of Notable Children's Readings.
- Crystal Lake cardholders--check out a digital download @ CLPL.
The Secret Society of Happy People seeks to encourage people to express happiness and discourage parade raining. Join them in spreading some happiness this month!
- Get happy @ CLPL
- What is the Secret Society of Happy People?
- The Happiness Project provides happiness tips and ways to make your life run smoother.
- Pay it forward! Visit Action for Happiness for ways to make others happy.