CLPL subscribes to online databases containing a wealth of information unavailable elsewhere on the web. This service is available in the Library or online 24/7 to Crystal Lake Library cardholders.
To connect from home, have your Crystal Lake Library Card barcode number ready.
A-to-Z Database Listing (or arrange by subject)
- America the Beautiful – Encyclopedia for elementary and middle school state reports.
- Ancestry - Genealogy research. (in-library use only)
- ArticleFirst - Summaries of articles, some full-text, from many academic and professional journals.
- Business Insights: Global - Global business information, including business case studies and career and investment opportunities.
- Chicago Tribune Historical Index (1849 - 1984)
- Chilton's Auto Repair Manuals
- Consumer Reports
- DemographicsNow Library Edition
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
- Encyclopedia Americana – In-depth research and worldwide current events for older students and adults.
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) – Journal articles and reports on education.
- Gale LegalForms
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia – Quick reference with audio and video for middle and high school students.
- HeritageQuest - Genealogy research.
- Illinois Public Records – Real estate transactions, bankruptcies, new businesses, foreclosures & auctions by Record Information Services.
- Lands and Peoples – Encyclopedia with information on countries and states.
- Learning Express Library 3.0 – Practice tests and popular software tutorials
- Mango Languages – Learn a foreign language.
- MedlinePlus – Health information from the National Institutes of Health.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center - Includes investment newsletters, as well as company and market information.
- New Book of Knowledge – Reference and current events for elementary school and up.
- New Book of Popular Science – In-depth science plus science in the news for middle school and up.
- NoveList Plus – A guide to reading both fiction and nonfiction.
- NoveList K-8 Plus – A guide to reading both fiction and nonfiction for younger readers.
- OmniFile Full Text Select - Academic full-text articles in science, humanities, education and business.
- Online Resources Gateway - Reference sources for students and adults.
- ReferenceUSA – U.S. business, personal & medical phone listings.
- Salem Health
- Salem History - includes access to: The Decades, Great Events from History, Great Lives from History, and Milestone Documents
- Salem Literature – Access to Masterplots.
- SIRS Researcher – Articles exploring social, scientific, health, historic, economic, political, and global issues.
- Small Business Resource Center
- World Book Online Info Finder
- World Book Online for Kids